Saturday, 8 August 2009

Tribute post to a great pixel artist

I've had a couple emails in recent times from people who like my work and seem to think I'm among or even actually the best pixeller using Game Maker. I assume these people have never seen DarkfalzX's work. I think he focuses more on GBA and DS coding now rather than GM but he's a better pixel artist than I could ever hope to be. Certainly professional commercial quality. His character spriting and animation is generally superb as are his background and tiling work too. You guys really should take a look at his gallery at Pixel Joint to see what I mean. Honestly despite my differing preference in style (I'm not so keen on cutesy fantasy stuff) I wish I had even half the talent of this guy.

Check out some of his work at DarkfalzX's PJ Gallery

4 comments:

  1. His stuff is very good. I like the portrait. I think your stuff is commercial quality looking too though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you are pro aswell. Some of that guys art is beyond pro tho. Like, Henk Nieborg quality stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy consoles from MWgames.com.au. MWgames is an Australian wholesaler & retailer specializing in
    nintendo dsi xl, DSi XL,3DS,Wii;PS3,XBOX 360 games and tablets etc.Quality products;Best Price;Satisfactory Service!

    ReplyDelete