Friday, 10 July 2009

C.P.C. Update

Reckon I'm gonna spend the weekend fixing up 'Cosmic Prison Commando' and get it so that at least the demo won't have those crucial bugs anymore and likely work some more on the later levels and enemies. What I've just done now is change some of the control code to match that of 'Hero - Celestial Force' which I've improved recently. What this means for the player is that as well as supporting PC and PlayStation 1 & 2 gamepads like it already did, 'Cosmic Prison Commando' now supports gamepads for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Main purpose of the demo bugfix is just to have it satisfactory enough to have up for download on my webspace officially. I might change the sound effects too as to be honest I hate them. They were created in SFXR at the last minute and I didn't have to time to really test them. I might try making them more authentic this time by creating them in an Amstrad CPC emulator and recording them.

Music-wise I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do. The Switchblade theme and Glider Rider bike them does suit the game as it is but I want it to have it's own identifiable soundtrack. And I'm still likely to actually remake Switchblade at some point (coding wise it's easy for me now, it's just I want to be absolutely sure I can do the graphics to the level I've imagined all these years) and it'll be needing a new version of that tune itself.

Anyways gonna have some dinner, watch the final part of the Torchwood - Children of Earth mini-series and then get some more coding done.

No comments:

Post a Comment